Material & Finishes :
M. O. C. :
a. Cable Gland is manufactured in Brass(Standard).
b. Alternative material - Stainless Steel / Aluminium.
Sealing Ring : Neoprene / Nitrile
a. Glands are supplied with B.S.C. Thread (ET) as Standard.
b. Alternetive thread forms available are - NPT / PG / BSP / MM etc.
a. Nickel Plated (Standard).
b. Alternetive Plating - Tin / zink / Chrome.
Protection Class : IP 66 Tested by CIMFR
Ref. Standard : IS / IEC 60079:1:2007, IS / IEC 60079:0:2004,
Gland consist of 1. Lock Nut, 2. Washer, 3. Armour Clamping Nut, 4. Neoprene Inner Ring, 5. Armour Clamping Cone, 6. Armour Clamping Ring, 7. Gland Body, 8. Neoprene Outer Ring, 9. Skid Washer & 10. Outer Seal Nut, All Metal Parts are made of Brass accurately machined for ease of assembly.
Shrouds and Earth tags are supplied separately and should be spacified when ordering the gland.
Fitting Sequence :
- Pass item 10, 9, 8, 7 respectively over cable before commencing to strip oversheath.
- Remove the outer sheath and pass item 6 over exposed armour.
- Cut armour to length, lift wire ends, pass item 5 over exposed bedding and beneath armour.
- Pass item 4.
- Pass cable end through item 3.
- Engage item 7 and 3 and tighten up.
- Engage item 10 and 7 and tighten up.
- Screw item 3, 2 into apparatus (Secure with item 1 if plain hole entry).